THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Escondido First Night
- When Thursday, December 31, 2009 at 6 p.m.
- Where California Center for the Arts: Escondido, Escondido
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Fashion, Performance, Sculpture, Painting, Community, Culinary, Family, Museums , Classical, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Jazz, Latin music, Music (other), Pop, Reggae, Rock, Outdoors, Dance
- Cost Free - $20
Above: Promotional graphic for the First Night Escondido 2009 event on December 31, 2009.
Each year First Night Escondido presents an event that celebrates community, the arts, and the New Year with 12 stages of music and dance, the best of restaurant and vendor foods, hands-on art activities, and two dazzling fireworks displays!
• Gather the children at the main stage for a special children’s firework show at 9:00, and another show at midnight.
• Dance the night away under a moonlit sky in Grape Day Park!
• Buy fun & wacky New Year’s Eve novelties at family-friendly prices!
• Turn a paper grocery bag into a top hat with pizzazz for FREE!
• Design & wear a crown with jewels, sequins and more!
• Kids of all ages can make puppets and other crafts for FREE in the Center’s Studio II
• Enjoy a visit to the Escondido Children’s Museum during their extended hours, 6-10 pm.
• FREE Face Painting and Caricature Artists in the Lyric Court!
• Professional Balloon Sculptors will make wacky hat creations for FREE !
• Giant Food Court Open All Night!
• New Child Help Center sponsored by Sempra Foundation.