THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
San Diego Holiday Arts Festival
Above: Promotional graphic image for the first annual San Diego Holiday Arts Festival
Kick off the holiday season by spending Thanksgiving weekend – traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season – at the inaugural San Diego Holiday Arts Festival at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Friday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Nov. 28.
The festival will feature 200 of America’s best contemporary craft and fine art exhibitors, offering over 12,000 original works. Every category of fine art and contemporary craft – including paintings, drawings, sculpture, printmaking, photography, jewelry, pottery, wood, mixed media, clothing, weaving, glass, metal and stone – will thoroughly be represented by a variety of artists.
In addition, the show will highlight musical and variety entertainment, including the Blue Creek Band (bluegrass) and the Sounds of Christmas, a local caroling group. Delicious local holiday food and drink will also be available by area restaurants and caterers.
The San Diego Holiday Arts Festival show hours are:
Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tickets, available at the door, are $7.00 for adults, $6.00 for seniors, and children under 12-years old are free.
Adding to the fun, attendees can enjoy spectacular entertainment, including:
• San Diego’s own Fern Street Circus with aerial and trapeze acts, jugglers and clowns, performing Friday, Saturday and Sunday at noon and 2:30 p.m.
• Blue Creek Band, the popular North County bluegrass group, who mixes blues, swing and gospel, performs Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 12:45 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
• Famed Jazz Guitarist Dirk K, performs Friday and Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., and Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
• Magician Michael E. Johnson, voted ‘San Diego Entertainer of the Year’ and one of the top illusionists in America, performs his spellbinding magic Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:45 pm and 4:15 p.m.
• In addition, The Spirit of Christmas Past, a cappella vocal ensemble will entertain in splendid Renaissance costume, singing holiday carols as they wander through the festival, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, visit www.holidayartsfestival.com or call 805-461-6700.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds is located at 2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard in Del Mar. Google Map