Above: Promotional photo of grunion runs with Birch Aquarium naturalists.
Grunion Run season is starting and events are taking place starting April and ending in June 2011. Get ready for a true Southern California experience! Observe hundreds of small silver fish called grunion ride the waves onto La Jolla beaches to spawn.
Before hitting the beach, see grunion hatch before your eyes during a special presentation about this mysterious fish. Prepare for cool, wet conditions and bring a flashlight. Ages 6-13 with a paid adult. RSVP required: 858-534-7336 or online.
- Tuesday, April 5, 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 19, 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 5, 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 19, 11 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Friday, June 3, 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.