Above: Image of fans at the 2010 FanFest at PETCO Park, where more than 12,000 Padres fans came out for the festivities.
Bring the family out for a fun day at the ballpark! The San Diego Padres announced that this year's FanFest will return to PETCO Park on Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is open to the public.
Just a few of the activities fans can look forward to at FanFest 2011:
- Get autographs from your favorite Padres players, coaches and alumni (see autograph schedule so you don't miss your favorite player!)
- Purchase rare, one-of-a kind Padres items including game-used jerseys & batting helmets at the Padres Garage Sale, with proceeds benefiting the Padres Foundation
- Catch a special pitching lesson from a Padres pitcher
- Experience PETCO Park like a player: Tour the clubhouse, run the bases, catch fly balls in the outfield
- Live question and answer sessions with Padres players, broadcasters and ownership
- Special tour of grounds crew area and equipment
- Enjoy interactive displays
- Wear your Padres blue to show your SD pride and win prizes
- Concessions, merchandise and activities for the kids
Cost: Entry to Padres FanFest is free. Parking is free in four locations: the three surface lots along Imperial Avenue (southeast side of PETCO Park) and the Padres Parkade Garage (10th Ave at J St).