THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Volunteer Orientation For San Diego Botanic Garden
- When Friday, February 25, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
- Where San Diego Botanic Garden, Encinitas
- Age limit 14+
- Cost Free
Above: San Diego Botanic Garden Entrance Sign: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., located at 230 Quail Gardens Drive.
As a nonprofit organization, San Diego Botanic Garden depends upon volunteer support. Volunteers create and staff garden projects, help with day-to-day garden administration, represent San Diego Botanic Garden in community and school outreach programs, and lead tours for school children and adults.
Volunteers who are between the ages of 14 and 18 may volunteer with a parent or guardian. San Diego Botanic Garden no longer accepts community service/court-ordered volunteers.
Interested volunteers can receive docent training in several fields such as botany, propagation, public education, garden development, nursery management and much more. If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding place to contribute some time, please consider becoming a volunteer at San Diego Botanic Garden.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Receptionist/general office
- Special event staffing (concerts, fundraising events, etc.)
- Outreach programs, both community and classrooms
- Garden grooming
- Staffing the Gift Shop
- Working with children and families in Seeds of Wonder Children’s Garden (pre-school aged) and Hamilton Children’s Garden (school aged)