THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Chocolate Festival At San Diego Botanic Garden
Above: San Diego Botanic Garden Entrance Sign: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., located at 230 Quail Gardens Drive.
Spend the Saturday before Mother’s Day at San Diego Botanic Garden’s famous Chocolate Festival. Enjoy dozens of delectable chocolate tastings, demonstrations, a chocolate fountain, and more. This family-friendly event also features lots of children’s activities and a variety of Mother’s Day gifts. “Tasting” tickets will be sold on site.
- Enjoy dozens of delectable chocolate tastings from our many chocolate vendors
- Demonstrations about Chocolate
- Children’s Activities for ages 2 - 12
- A variety of Mother’s Day gifts
Chocolate Taste Tickets
Purchase at entrance to Chocolate Area.
Tasting prices vary.“Tasting” tickets starting at $1 will be sold on site the day of the event.
Cost: Free with admission or membership, plus tasting and children's activity tickets as desired.
Craft Activities for Children of All Ages
- Make a one of a kind Mother’s Day card, featuring a digital picture of yourself, and your individual artwork
- Create a fancy spring hat from a brown bag, fabric flowers, leaves, and ribbons
- Build a colorful butterfly from cloth pins, coffee filters and dot markers
- Make a dream catcher from pipe cleaners, string, feathers and beads
- Paint a garden themed plaster ornament with acrylic paints and sprinkle with glitter
- Pot a small succulent plant, and decorate the terra cotta pot with wood shapes, beads and ribbons
Material fee between $1 and $3 depending on craft.
View the list of vendors on the SD Botanic Garden Chocolate Festival page.