Learn how to create dynamic black & white images in Photoshop from your digital color photos in this 5 week class (meets once a week) beginning May 12th. You will learn how to see your work in tonal values and how to use techniques in Photoshop to produce strong value ranges that will give your imagery increased depth and luminance.
The first meeting of this class will be a photo shoot in Balboa Park so that you can be shown what works as a Black & White image and why. You will also learn how to apply Nik Software's Silver FX Pro 2 as addition to creating your B&W imagery.
In this class you will learn:
1) How to use your camera to get the best results for a B&W image.
2) The theory of Digital Zone System to establish a strong B&W image
3) How to see and apply colors as values using Photoshop.
4) Techniques for controling extreme shadows and extrem highlights.
5) Techniques for controlling midtone contrast.
6) How to controll depth utilizing tonal values.
Each session will meet once a week from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for 5 weeks.
For any questions including cost please contact Steve at 760 436-9921