THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Birch Aquarium At Scripps - Full Moon Pier Walk
Above: Photo of the Ellen Browning Scripps Memorial Pier in La Jolla at night.
A warm night lit by a full moon is the perfect time to explore one of La Jolla's most prominent landmarks. Walk along the Ellen Browning Scripps Memorial Pier, normally closed to the public, on an exclusive moonlit tour. Participants will learn about the history of Scripps Oceanography and current research projects, while collecting plankton, performing experiments, and exploring the nocturnal habits of marine life.
* Thursday, June 16, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
* Thursday, July 14, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
* Friday, July 15, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
* Friday, August 12, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
* Saturday, August 13, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
* Sunday, September 11, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
* Monday, September 12, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
* Monday, October 10, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
* Tuesday, October 11, 6 - 8:30 p.m.