THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Santa’s COASTER Express
Above: Promotional image of Santa on the Oceanside COASTER.
Tickets for the sell-out, holiday-themed Santa’s COASTER Express will go on sale beginning Wednesday, November 14 at 8 a.m. North County Transit District offers this popular holiday event for family fun and to raise money for two North County organizations that provide much-needed services to residents.
Families will have two opportunities to hop aboard the COASTER with trains departing Oceanside Transit Center on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 10 a.m. and again at 12:30 p.m. The fun-filled, 90-minute experience will take passengers on a nonstop, roundtrip ride between Oceanside and Sorrento Valley. On-board elves will lead Christmas carols amidst festive decorations as families are greeted by Santa Claus and his friends. Santa’s helpers will be on hand to deliver commemorative tickets and goodie bags to all children riding the train.
Tickets are $6 per person with all proceeds donated to two noteworthy North County organizations – the Community Resource Center which serves at-risk women and children and the Military Mentoring Initiative aimed at easing the transition from military service to the workforce.
Tickets can be purchased at GoNCTD.com or in person at the Oceanside Transit Center. Tickets will not be sold the day of the event.
To learn more about Santa’s COASTER Express and its beneficiaries, please visit GoNCTD.com or call 760-966-6500.
Train Ride Tips
• Please plan on eating before the 1.5 hour train ride as food is not permitted. Water bottles are allowed.
• Bring a camera to capture your child’s meeting with Santa.
• This event is recommended for families with children between the ages of 3 and 10.
• Plan on arriving at Oceanside Transit Center at least 20 minutes before the train departs to secure parking.
• Strollers and/or bicycles will not be permitted on the train.
• Santa’s COASTER Express will run rain or shine.
Location: Oceanside Transit Center, 205 S. Tremont St., Oceanside, 92054 Google Maps