THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Thumbprint Gallery: Kartika Review Reading & Fundraiser
Above: Graphic of Issue Eleven - Winter 2011 of Kartika Review.
Kartika Review invites you to come celebrate and support Asian Pacific Islander American literary arts through various readings.
- Jennifer Derilo, Creative Nonfiction Editor for Kartika Review
- Lac Su, author of "I Love Yous Are for White People," a memoir and "Ca Kho To - Braised Fish" (published in Issue 7)
- Donna Miscolta, author of "When the de la Cruz Family Danced" and "Home Is Where the Wart Is" (published in Issue 11)
- Gina Barnard, poet of "Everything Glows in Tsukuba:" (published in Issue 9)
- Talia Kolluri, fiction writer of "When the Forbidden Ones Break Through" (published in Issue 9)
Thumbprint Gallery will open its doors for a night of mingling, networking, and reading on January 27, 2012 in La Jolla. Proceeds from this event will help sustain Kartika Review, which is one of very few Asian Pacific Islander American specific publications out there in print and online.
Light refreshments (wine and cheese) provided. $5 suggested donation at the door.
Thumbprint Gallery, 920 Kline Street #104: Google Map.