Above: Promotional photo of grunion runs with Birch Aquarium naturalists.
Get ready for a true Southern California experience! Observe hundreds of small silver fish called grunion ride the waves onto La Jolla beaches to spawn. Before hitting the beach, see grunion hatch before your eyes during a special presentation about this mysterious fish. Prepare for cool, wet conditions and bring a flashlight.
Ages 6-13 must attend with a paid adult. Members: $10/ Public: $12
RSVP required please call 858-534-7336 or online.
- April 8th from 10:45 p.m.- 12:45 a.m.
- April 23rd from 10:30 p.m.- 12:30 a.m.
- May 7th at 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- May 22rd at 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- June 6th at 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.