Above: Promotional graphic for UCSD's Stein Institute for Research on Aging. Courtesy of UCSD.
How does the aging process affect driving ability? How to drive safely as you age? How to recognize the danger signs? How to keep your loved ones safe behind the wheel?
On November 14, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. please join us for the public lecture as we welcome Linda L. Hill, MD, MPH, who will present “Aging and Driving: a Complex Combination.”
Dr. Hill is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at UCSD, and the Director of the UCSD/SDSU General Preventive Medicine Residency. San Diego Family Care, a Federal 330 Community Health Center, is the site of her clinical activities, as Medical Director 1980 to 2001, and Senior Staff Physician since 2001. She is the Co-Director of the UCSD Injury Epidemiology Prevention and Research Center, and Medical Director of the Refugee Health Assessment Program. She is engaged in prevention research and teaching with current/past support from the NIH, the California Office of Traffic Safety, American Cancer Society, and Health Services Resource Administration, including research in injury prevention, obesity, physician training, and refugee health. Dr. Hill serves as Chair of the Graduate Medical Education Committee for the American College of Preventive Medicine.
For more information on Stein Institute for Research on Aging, visit aging.ucsd.edu
To receive your free parking permit, please call (858) 534-6299 at least three working days in advance of the event. You may also purchase a permit at the parking kiosk on Gilman Drive or park at the metered sites.
Location: Liebow Auditorium, Biomedical Sciences Building, UC San Diego Google Map
From Interstate 5 North or South
• Exit La Jolla Village Drive West
• Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
• Left on Gilman Drive
• Left into Parking Lot 602 (first stop sign)
• From the parking lot, walk toward Medical Teaching Facility (MTF)
• Right through MTF and enter Biomedical Sciences Building (formerly known as Basic Science Building) through glass doors
• Pass the first hallway and take the elevator to the second floor
• Exit the elevator and go left; at theend of the hallway, go left
• Follow signs to Liebow Auditorium, which is the last room on the left