THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Haunted Birch Aquarium 2012: Shipwrecked!
Above: Promotional graphic for Haunted Birch Aquarium: Shipwrecked!, October 26 & 27, 2012 from 6-9 p.m. Courtesy of Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
October 26 & 27, 2012 from 6-9 p.m.
Discover what lurks beneath the surface at Haunted Birch Aquarium: Shipwrecked! Enjoy close encounters of the fishy kind, BOO-gie down with Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters, and explore our wreckage for sunken treasures. Wander the aquarium’s galleys for tricky treats and discover a sea of glowing creatures while having a monstrous good time. Dress to impress!
See pictures from previous events here.
- Live music and dancing with Billy Lee & the Swamp Critters
- Games with City of San Diego Water Conservation, San Diego Audubon Society, Baskin Robbins, Clif Bar, and Birch Aquarium volunteers
- Story times throughout the evening
- Walk through a “whale fall” and learn about this unique habitat
- Create slime in our “deep-sea” slime lab
- Touch live animals
- See the wonders of animals that glow in the dark
- Collect tricky treats
- Costume raffle; anyone in costume is eligible to enter our raffle to win a prize
Cost: Members $15, Public $17, Door (all) $19