Above: Promotional graphic for Bug Week at the San Diego Natural History Museum.
During the first week of April, each day will offer a variety of opportunities to discover bizarre and bewildering members of the insect kingdom. Designed to compliment theNAT’s "Dr. Entomo’s Palace of Exotic Wonders" exhibition, visitors will explore the truth, myths and mysteries surrounding some of nature’s most curious creatures.
- Meet one of Museum’s Entomologists who will answer your questions and identify any bug you bring in (try to stump them!).
- “Catch” Pixar’s A Bug’s Life , shown at 12 PM in the Museum’s Charmaine and Maurice Kaplan Theater.
- Visit the popular Camp-o-Saurus , which will be transformed for the day into Bug-o-Saurus !
- Visit the “battle zone” racetrack where you can race your friends or other visitors, using mechanical insects. Bring in your own or you can purchase them at the Museum Store.
- Find out “What Bug Are You?” at the coloring station where you can draw what you think you’d look like as a bug.
- Ms. Frizzle will be giving a bug-themed performance every day (two performances per day).