Above: Image of Jeanie Carlstead, who will be the lead teacher for the 2013 Comprehensive Yoga Teacher's Training. Courtesy of La Jolla Yoga Center.
Weekends: Jan 4, Jan 18, Feb 1, Feb 15, Mar 1, Mar 15, Mar 29, Apr 12, Apr 26, 2013.
Our comprehensive 200-hour Yoga teacher training and in-depth studies program includes Vinyasa, Anusara, Hatha, and Meditation, woven together for a thorough and practical understanding of Yoga and teaching.
You will build confidence and deepen your practice as you gain the preparation needed to be a well-rounded and highly sought-after teacher. This highly regarded program offers you an in-depth understanding both of Yoga and of your self.
Through our comprehensive and non-dogmatic program you will:
• Empower yourself and others; study, refine and deepen your own yoga practice
• Gain a deep understanding of asanas - variations, modifications, risks & benefits
• Learn universal alignment principles with yoga-specific anatomy & physiology
• Learn how to create effective classes for diverse levels & settings
• Learn to work with different populations - prenatal, basic therapeutics, restorative
• Develop and integrate pranayama, energetics, and breath synchronization
• Practice various meditation techniques
• Develop inner strength and calm through effective stress reduction practices
• Develop well-rounded knowledge of yoga philosophy and lifestyle practices
• Gain experience through practice teaching, apprenticeships and active mentoring
• Learn the business of Yoga and its creative opportunities (& the boring stuff too)
• Receive guidance in finding a teaching niche & getting started in the profession
• Create an ongoing connection with other participants
Training Details - 9 weekends
January 4-6 • January 18-20 • February 1-3 • February 15-17 • March 1-3 • March 15-17 • March 29-31 • April 12-14 • April 26-28
(1-hour lunch + short breaks during the day - with our structure of fun & effective teaching games + a variety of topics and teachers, the time flies by!)
3 classes per week - taking, and eventually observing and assisting classes, with select RYT teachers consistent with your interest; classes must be finished before certificate is given
Homework assignments - carefully selected to enhance the transformation, wisdom, and intuition that are gained on this journey; assignments include select reading, journaling, and group practice teaching and projects
Reading list - supplied upon receipt of application and deposit
We seek committed students of Yoga who are genuinely interested in expanding their knowledge and understanding of Yoga, themselves, and their world. A minimum of two years of Yoga practice is recommended. If you have less than two years of experience, please contact us for individual approval. This training can be taken with the goal of teaching Yoga, or to deepen your personal Yoga practice.
Location: La Jolla Yoga Center, 7741 Fay Avenue La Jolla, CA 92037 Google Map