THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Signs Of The Tide: Join The MPA 'Click'
- When Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 6 p.m.
- Where Scripps Institution of Oceanography Sumner Hall at 8622 Kennel Way in La Jolla
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Lectures & Classes
- Cost Free
Above: Graphic logo for the San Diego Coastkeeper, who will be hosting their free Signs of the Tide event on April 30th, 2013.
Want an insider’s look at San Diego’s MPAs? Hear stories from the first year of San Diego’s MPAs directly from the Department of Fish and Wildlife and our friends at WiLDCOAST. Learn about our newly launched web-based MPA Watch and how you can use your phones to “click” in to help us track vital information about our MPAs.
At our free community event, hear from these experts:
• Scott Bringman, from the Department of Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement Division, will provide the community with valuable knowledge about MPA’s and how communities can help them succeed.
• Ben McCue, Conservation Director at WiLDCOAST, will inform the community about what has happened this past year with MPA implementation. He will discuss the new signage, education, and provide information about the WiLDCOAST MPA Watch Program.
• Mallory Watson, community engagement coordinator at Coastkeeper, will discuss what volunteer groups have recently accomplished and how new volunteers can participate in the MPA Watch Program.
Directions and Parking
From I-5 South: Take exit 28 for La Jolla Village Drive. Turn right onto La Jolla Village Drive. Continue onto North Torrey Pines Road and turn left onto La Jolla Shores Drive. Turn right onto Naga Way. Take the first left to stay on Naga Way. Turn right onto Kennel Way.
From I-5 North: Take exit 23 to merge onto CA-52 W. Exit on the left onto La Jolla Pkwy. Continue straight to stay on La Jolla Pkwy. Continue onto Torrey Pines Road. Turn right onto La Jolla Shores Drive. Turn left onto Naga Way. Take the first left to stay on Naga Way. Turn right onto Kennel Way.
Street parking is available as well as paid parking at Scripps. Free parking is available for 3 hours at Birch Aquarium.
If you have any questions contact Volunteer@sdcoastkeeper.org or call us at (619) 758-7743 x131.