THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Soak Up The Arts For Free At ArtWalk San Diego: August 24-25, 2013
Above: Promotional image for San Diego's ArtWalk at NTC Liberty Station. Courtesy of ArtWalk San Diego.
About ArtWalk @NTC:
Formerly known as ArtWalk on the Bay, ArtWalk San Diego @NTC Liberty Station (ArtWalk @NTC) will expand upon its seven-year line-up of ArtWalk events held alongside the stunning view of the San Diego bay. The fine art festival is part of the ArtWalk San Diego brand known for bringing together all facets of the arts in San Diego, while promoting the experience of owning original art.
ArtWalk San Diego At NTC Liberty Station (ArtWalk @NTC), in moving to a stunning new location this year, introduces an event developed as much for devoted art connoisseurs as for San Diego’s aficionados of free festivals.
On Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., NTC at Liberty Station will welcome 100+ artists, a dozen live musicians, and variety of food and interactive art activities. ArtWalk At NTC offers free parking, complimentary admission for all ages and abundant seating for this festival’s live musical performances and extensive art exhibits.
A sampling of ArtWalk @NTC’s local artists include:
• A native San Diegan, Pecoff has dedicated his life to traveling the world and finding limitless inspiration everywhere. He paints vibrant art and uses elective colors in order to share the way he views life with his observers.
• His work, already exciting, is made even more special by the stories behind each painting. At ArtWalk, Pecoff is known for captivating audiences by sharing his travel adventures, art inspirations and overall love of life.
• After studying civil engineering in Guadalajara, Mexico, Hugo Rivera relocated to the United States to pursue his passion for fine art.
• Riviera describes his artwork as a fusion of his abstract world and the traditional methods in art instruction of the human figure. Hugo is the world’s first post-modern fresco artist.
• He has exhibited his work throughout his local community and at nationally recognized art festivals including the Malibu Art Festival, Beverly Hills Art Festival and ArtWalk, San Diego’s Original Art Festival where he was honored as a featured artist.
• A native San Diegan with her studio at NTC, Straub uses soft pastels for the inspiration she derives from everyday scenes experienced while on vacations and wandering about.
• Straub enjoys painting the world with her own unique touch and approaches piece of work as an adventure that she will add her own flavor to and, in doing so, express her vibrant individuality.
• Born in Saigon, Vietnam and now based in New York, Ha has exhibited work in cities across the U.S.
• Working with various media, Ha explores themes from Asian symbology to expressive portraiture to create vibrant fine art. Many of his pieces are large-scale and appealing to interior designers.
• An award-winning artist, Ha’s work has been featured in unique places – from TV show sets to contemporary art shows in Tribeca, New York.
Produced by the same event team behind San Diego’s largest fine arts festival, Mission Federal ArtWalk, ArtWalk @NTC promises a high caliber of artists in a more intimate setting near the San Diego Bay. Formerly located on the opposite side of the bay, this event found its new home in the NTC Arts & Culture District, which is fast becoming an important creative hub in San Diego.
The fine art festival brings 16 hours of live music featuring talent from across California. In addition, "KidsWalk" creates a destination of its own for families; kids can try their hand at various interactive “ARTivities” set to inspire their inner artist to bloom.