THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
The Stein Institute Presents: The Alzheimer’s Prevention Program
Above: Image of Dr. Gary Small who will be presenting the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program for the Stein Institute on January 16th, 2013.
Please join us for the January public lecture as we welcome Gary Small, MD, who will discuss "The Alzheimer’s Prevention Program."
Current research on early detection of age-related conditions like Alzheimer’s disease aims to identify candidates for prevention treatments based on the assumption that protecting a healthy brain will be more effective than attempting to repair neuronal damage once it becomes extensive.
This presentation will review available methods for prevention of the Alzheimer’s disease, as well as novel approaches that are currently in development. Learn more about the power of exercise to offset a genetic predisposition; antibodies that can clear Alzheimer’s plaques from the brain; and promising new treatments, from drugs to deep brain stimulation.
About Dr. Gary Small
Dr. Gary Small is a professor of psychiatry and director of the UCLA Center on Aging at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior. His research, supported by the National Institute of Health, has made headlines in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today.
For more information about the Stein Institute, visit aging.ucsd.edu\
Location: Liebow Auditorium San Diego Biomedical Science Building UCSD School of Medicine Campus, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA Google Map
Directions to Liebow Auditorium:
- From Interstate 5 North or South:
Exit La Jolla Village Drive West
- Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
- Left on Gilman Drive
- Left into Parking Lot 602 (first stop sign) (There are 4 handicap-accessible spaces in this lot.)
- From parking lot, walk towards
Medical Teaching Facility (MTF)
- Right through MTF and enter Biomedical Science Building through glass doors
- Pass the first hallway and take the elevator to the second floor
- Exit the elevator and go left; at the end of the hallway, go left
- Follow signs to Liebow Auditorium, which is the last room on the left
Free parking is available by phoning (858) 534-6299 AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE to receive a free parking permit. Attendees may also purchase permits at the parking kiosk on Gilman Drive or park at the metered sites.