THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Auditions For Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'
Above: Promotional graphic for the performance of Shakepseare's "The Tempest" at the Coronado Playhouse. Courtesy of the Coronado Playhouse.
Join us for the open auditions (no appointment needed) for the 17th annual Free Coronado Shakespeare production of The Tempest. Directed by Keith A. Anderson and Produced by Mary E. Anderson.
Monday, July 1st and Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013, 7-10pm.
Callbacks Wednesday, July 3rd, if needed.
NOTE: Contact Mary Anderson by email if you cannot attend auditions but want to audition for the show.
• Those auditioning should prepare a 1-2 minute, memorized Shakespearean monologue.
• Those who decide to audition without a memorized monologue will be asked to read a short selection from the script.
• After each person has been heard once individually, the director will specify combinations to read scenes from the script.
• Rehearsals will begin on Monday, July 8 at 7 PM.
• Rehearsals will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 7-10pm with the possibility of switching a Wednesday rehearsal for a Thursday rehearsal after August 4th.
• There will be no rehearsal on the Sunday July 28th - Aubrey Awards
• Singers/instrumentalists, and dancers interested in pre-show and sprite roles only should send resume and headshot; separate auditions to be held after the show is cast.
• Shakespearean experience is desired but not required. Newcomers to Shakespeare are welcome to audition.
Those who plan to audition should contact producer, Mary Anderson by email; newcomers to CPH should send headshot and resume. Questions may also be sent to this email.
Email Mary Anderson if interested in the following:
(You do not need to attend acting auditions.-separate auditions will be held for these roles.)
Pre-show and Island sprite Ensemble: The magical beings Prospero commands to both enchant his friends and attack his enemies. These characters might sing and dance depending on the skills and talents of those who audition. These performers who appear briefly in the show will present a 10-15 minute pre-show of either instrumental or Renaissance music. We will set a separate audition for these roles. Please send headshot and resume with singing range if you are interested in pre-show and/or the role of island sprites.
• Tech volunteers for running crew, set construction, costume construction
• PR person
• Musical director for the 10-15-minute pre-show of Renaissance instrumental or vocal music.
Preview - Thursday, August 29. Opening - Friday, August 30, 2013.
Show runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 2 PM thru September 22, 2013.
For more information visit: www.coronadoplayhouse.com