THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
4th Of July Scripps Ranch 10K Race
Above: Promotional photo for 4th Of July Scripps Ranch 10K Race. Courtesy of Scripps Ranch Old Pros.
Presented by the Scripps Ranch Old Pros, the 4th of July 10K Race is a USA T&F sanctioned course around scenic Miramar Lake. It features an exciting downhill finish that delivers you to Hoyt Park, where you’ll realize the fun is just beginning.
- USA T&F sanctioned 10K course around scenic Miramar Lake.
- The 10K will use reusable timing chips for unsurpassed accuracy.
- Medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each 10K division.
- First place male and female finishers will be awarded the Ron McElliott Cup.
- Awards and prize drawings to be held at Hoyt Park at 9:00 a.m. (run participation not required).
- Commemorative T-shirt to all registered participants at finish.
- Post-race refreshments. Picture ID required for beer garden.
Check-in: The Check-in tables open at 6:00am and are are located at the intersection of Aviary and Red Cedar Drive (Google Map).
Start Line: The 10K Race starts at 7:00am on July 4th, 2013. The Start Line is in front of Miramar Ranch Elementary School on Red Cedar Drive (Google Map).
Runners will make a full lap around Miramar Lake. We’ll call out your times at the 1 mile, 5K, and 5 mile marks. Aid stations are at the 2 and 4 mile marks.
Finish Line: The 10K Race finishes on the grass at Hoyt Park (Google Map). We will help you remove your timing chip. Please follow the directions provided by the finish line personnel.
Strollers and Pets
Strollers are allowed on the race course. Please start towards the back of the starting line so you won’t impede the other runners. Pets are not allowed on the race course.
Parking & Shuttles
The primary parking lot is the Vons Shopping Center on the corner of Scripps Ranch Blvd. and Aviary Dr. Shuttle vans will transport participants from this lot to the start area between 6:00am-6:50am. Overflow parking is available on Meanley Dr. and Hoyt Park Dr (Google Map).
For more information, visit http://www.srop.org/scripps-ranch-4th-of-july-run-and-ride/10k-race/