THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Celebrate July 4th At House Of Spain
Above: Photo of the Spanish flag. Courtesy of the House of Spain.
The House of Spain, Casa de España, in San Diego, with the collaboration of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR), Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and the Children of the American Revolution (C.A.R.), will celebrate the Fourth of July at Balboa Park.
The celebration will take place at the House of Spain, Casa de España, in San Diego, one of the international cottages in Balboa Park, on July 4th and July 7th, from 12:00 Noon until 4:00 P.M.
Come and see:
- Replicas of the first dollar adopted as legal tender by the U.S. Congress in 1788.
- Replicas of the flags of the 13 colonies.
- Replicas of uniforms of that era.
- Movie about Bernardo Galvez and his support of the US Revolution.
- George Washington and John Adams´ requests to the King of Spain for help with money, arms, food and clothing for their independence effort.
- How Bernardo de Galvez defeated the British at the Battles of Pensacola, Mobile and Baton Rouge, opening the Mississippi River for shipping supplies to the American colonies from New Orleans.
- How the battle of Yorktown would not have taken place without Spanish financing.
- George Washington’s Spanish ancestry.
Come and ask questions about Spain’s contribution to the American Revolution as this is not taught in the American schools.
For more information, e-mail inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: House of Spain, Balboa Park, 2168 Pan American Rd E San Diego, CA 92101 Google Map