THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
4th Annual Asian Cultural Festival
Above: Graphic logo for Asian Cultural Festival of San Diego May 11, 2013.
May is one of the most exciting months to start summer, and enjoy a new season of outdoor activities. On Mother’s Day weekend, the Asian Cultural Festival of San Diego’s fourth annual celebration takes place on Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 10-5pm at the NTC Promenade-Liberty Station Park in Point Loma. This event is the county’s largest festival during Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. The festival provides a great and fun way to learn new things about all the different traditions among some of the various Asian ethnicities represented within our community.
Some exciting things to look forward to:
● FREE ADMISSION and 2 FREE PARKING LOTS!!!
● Opportunity drawing for Southwest airline tickets and other goodies
● Family and pet-friendly park, with stroller and wheelchair-accessible areas
● Live cooking demonstrations to spice up your cookbook, plus free sample tastings
● Watch 2 stages of cultural entertainment and group dances to join
● Explore the Cultural Row of Asian Nations to learn cool facts and make crafts
● Support San Diego small businesses and prominent community organizations
● Most importantly, bring your empty stomachs to try all the different cultural FOOD!!
Family and friends are welcome to see all the festival’s amenities and compare your knowledge of Asian culture! Whether you have been to Asia or dream of going, it’s like having exotic countries in San Diego’s backyard.
Location: NTC Promenade - Liberty Station Park, 2640 Historic Decatur Rd, San Diego, CA 92106 Google Maps
Check out this video of last year’s event as a sneak peek of what’s to come this year!