Above: Image from a previous Pet Day on the Bay. Courtesy of Hornblower Cruises and Events.
People board for just $24 per ticket, and guests are also encouraged to contribute a gently used blanket or towel that will warm needy animals at the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
Join us for the 13th annual Pet Rescue Day on the Bay!
Pet Day on The Bay is the only pet-friendly event of its kind in Southern California! Pet Day is a towel and blanket drive and fundraiser benefiting the homeless animals of the Helen Woodward Animal Center. In today’s dog-eat-dog world, the outing is a welcome treat for pups and people alike. Four-legged guests nibble on treats thanks to Petco. Pet photographers will be on hand to document the day’s revelry.
1-hour narrated cruise
Information about more than 50 San Diego landmarks
Unparalleled photo and video opportunities
Comfortable indoor and outdoor areas
Close-up views of military ships and San Diego skyline, with a chance to see marine animals and seabirds
An introduction to local environmental efforts
Snack bar with adult beverages, soft drinks and hot and cold snacks, plus souvenirs and photos available for purchase
A portion of proceeds benefits the Helen Woodward Animal Center
Meet Chopper the Biker Dog
**Please note: Outside food and beverages are not allowed.**
All sizes and breeds of dogs are welcome. A few simple rules make Pet Day on the Bay fun for everyone:
1) One dog per adult is welcome. The event is not open to dogs under six months of age.
2) All dogs MUST be on a leash at all times.
3) Owners must clean up after their dogs.
4) No dogs in heat are allowed.
5) The cruise is not recommended for dogs that are sensitive to movement or get motion sickness.
6) This event is not appropriate for dogs that are unpredictable in crowds or dislike strangers or other dogs.
7) This event is for dogs and people only. Please do not bring other pets.