THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
4th Annual Turkey Paddle And Potluck
Above: Promotional graphic for the 4th Annual Turkey Paddle. Courtesy of San Diego Canoe Kayak Team.
Not enough Thanksgiving activities? Join us on Friday, November 29th for the 4th Annual Turkey Paddle and Potluck!
Beginners and Experienced Paddlers welcome to our day-after Thanksgiving SUP paddling event on Mission Bay. Bring your stand up paddle board and enjoy some family fun. If you do not have a paddle board, there will be some available to demo.
Help raise money to support San Diego Canoe Kayak Team in their mission to develop youth paddlers while burning off that Turkey Dinner! In addition, the first 150 registered entrants will receive an awesome t-shirt!
- 1/4 mile SUP fun paddle for 10 & under turkeys
- 1/2 mile SUP fun paddle for 11&12 and 13&14 turkeys
- 3 mile SUP fun paddle race (solo or as a relay) for the rest of the turkeys (There is a twist to the race. If you are a veteran, then you know what it is)
- Youths can participate in both a youth paddle and the 3 mile event
Schedule of events:
- 9:30 am - registration (island is closed from 7 – 9 am due to a triathlon)
- 10:30 am - kids races
- 11:00 am – 3 mile race
$25 donation for adults
$20 donation for youths
100% tax deductible and all proceeds to benefit the youths at SDCKT