THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Standing Tall As We Age: Latest Advances In Understanding The Aging Spine
Above: Image and logo of the Stein Institute for Research on Aging.
The UCSD Stein Institute presents "Standing Tall as We Age: Latest Advances in Understanding the Aging Spine," by Deborah Kado, MD, MS on October 16, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
Dr. Kado is an associate professor in the departments of Family and Preventive Medicine and Internal Medicine at UC San Diego. She has clinical expertise in internal medicine, geriatrics, and metabolic bone disease, with a special emphasis in treating osteoporosis.
Her main research focus is on osteoporosis and the related disorder, hyperkyphosis (commonly known as dowager’s hump). She served on the UCLA faculty in geriatrics and orthopaedic surgery from July 2000 through July 2012 until joining UC San Diego in August 2012. She is a successfully funded National Institute's of Health researcher and is internationally recognized in her field of expertise.
Visit aging.ucsd.edu for more information.
Free Parking: To receive a free parking permit by mail, please e-mail email@example.com no later than the last Friday before the lecture. After that, you will need to purchase a permit from a Gilman Parking Structure kiosk or park at a metered space. If you have a disabled person placard, you do not need a permit and are allowed to park in any handicap or metered space.
Directions from I-5 North or South:
• Exit La Jolla Village Drive and drive west on La Jolla Village Drive.
• Turn right onto Villa La Jolla Drive.
• Go straight into Gilman Parking Structure and park in an A or B spot. (Lot P602 has only handicap, metered, and A-permit parking.)
• From Gilman Parking Structure, cross the street toward the Stein Clinical Research Building.
• Cross the lawn to the Medical Education and Telemedicine Building.
• Walk under the Medical Education and Telemedicine Building bridge and enter the Biomedical Sciences Building through large sliding glass doors.
• Turn left at the first hallway. Garren Auditorium is in Room 1105.