THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
Spring San Diego Kids Expo & Fair: April 26 & 27, 2014
Above: Promotional photo of the Spring San Diego Kids Expo & Fair on April 26 & 27, 2014.
The San Diego Kids Expo & Fair is bigger than ever before in the show’s four show history and will encompass almost 150,000 square-feet of family weekend fun.
The largest family show in the region is coming back to the Del Mar Fairgrounds’ now in the larger O’Brien Hall on Saturday, April 26 and Sunday, April 27.
It drew 15,000 to the last fall show and show producers anticipate even more families this spring with their expanded offerings. The success of the crowds is because of the new elements and features it showcases each show.
Some of those new highlights include:
• Over 200 exhibitors (up by nearly 50 from the fall show)
• Five live music stages – including the new Taylor Guitars Acoustic Stage and the dance stage
• Over 700 kids perform including soloists, bands, cheer squads, dance troupes, karate demonstrations and modeling – this year’s spring show has more opportunities for kids to perform than ever before!
• New Cheer Park for cheer exhibitions
• Huge remote control NASCAR Race Track is 35’ long
• Robotics competition
• Expanded Baby Zone that is double in size, and for first time, will feature infant and toddler products from national companies
• New indoor Soccer Park
• Expanded modeling stage including junior fashion show featuring “JR Fashionista” clothing line from Australia
• 2 New 50-feet long Air Track inflatable mats for tumbling
• Full bar and gourmet coffee lounge for mom and dad
• Expanded food court with the popular “Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich” and other gourmet food for families to nosh and enjoy
• Also for mom and dad there will be an electric bike test track
• In addition, for the first time the show will be Webcasting live from the Rock & Roll Main Stage so families can jump online and see all the cool bands playing live at the fair.
Back by popular demand:
• Xorbing balls
• 200’ long Zip Line
• Coconut Tree Climb
• Human Hamster Balls on Water
• Sumo Balls
• Jumpy Zone with inflatables and slides
• Parachute Rocket
• Ecovivarium Animal World with reptiles and other creatures
• Playtown (in-door play zone)
• Basic CPR Training (free for kids and adults)
• Arts & Crafts from Michaels
• Build wooden kits with Home Depot
Saturday, April 26 and Sunday, April 27. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tickets, available at the door, are $8 for adults and children 12 and under get in for free. Most indoor expo exhibits are free to demo and learn. For more information on the event, visit the website www.sandiegokidsexpo.com or call (619) 269-9441.
About The San Diego Kids Expo & Fair:
In its 4th show in two years, The San Diego Kids Expo & Fair showcases fun themed interactive features that everyone in the family can enjoy a family fair with interactive attractions, games and activities, plus workshops, music, dance, sports demos, and cooking classes, and so much more for infants to pre-teens. It is the region’s largest family expo, is produced locally and is held bi-annually (the fall and spring) at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.