THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST!
America's Finest City Half Marathon & 5k
Above: Promotional graphic for the 37th Annual America's Finest City Half Marathon and 5k.
The 37th America's Finest City Half Marathon will begin at historic Cabrillo National Monument with majestic views of both the San Diego Bay and Pacific Ocean.
The course then passes by the historic Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, follows scenic San Diego Bay and Harbor Island, then runs along the Embarcadero, past The Star of India, before it winds through downtown San Diego and ends in beautiful Balboa Park.
The AFC 5K is held in Balboa Park and starts and finishes at the AFC Half finish line near the Hall of Champions.
Race at a glance:
- Starts at 7:00am.
- 5K Run/Walk: Fast loop course run completely within Balboa Park. Starts at 6:45 a.m.
- All participants (HM & 5K) will receive a special technical fabric t-shirt (gender specific)
- Each mile plus 10, 15, and 20KM points are marked. Times displayed at each mile
- Aid stations at 7 locations plus Start & Finish.
- Two-day AFC Fitness Expo at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina 1380 Harbor Island Drive (Fri 15 Aug-noon to 7pm & Sat 16 Aug-10am to 5pm ) for bib number, Timing RFID chip, & T-shirt pickup. Photo ID required for bib number pickup. There will be NO Half Marathon Registration at the Expo. NO day of race registration, bib number or Chronotrack RFID tag (timing chip) pickup for Half Marathon. T-shirts are available for pickup after the race in Balboa Park.
- Limit of 8,000 (half marathon) and 1,700 (5K)
ONLINE ENTRY FEES:
Half Marathon -
$90 Until April 16, 2014
$95 April 17 - June 16
$100 June 17 - July 16
$110 July 17 - August 10
$30 Until April 16, 2014
$35 April 17 - June 16
$40 June 17 - July 16
$45 July 17 - August 10
Wheelchair competitors should contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the event.
Visit www.afchalf.com for more information.