THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
100 Handmade Buses Commemorate Rosa Parks
- When Ongoing until Thursday, February 28, 2013
- Monday 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday noon - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday noon - 8 p.m.
- Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Where City Heights/Weingart 3795 Fairmount Ave, San Diego CA 92105 Map
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits, Heritage & Cultural
- Cost Free
Above: Promotional image of hand crafted buses for Rosa Park's 100 birthday at City Heights Library.
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Rosa Park's birth, members of the community have created 100 handmade buses. The buses, on display at the library throughout February, highlight the sacrifice of the civil rights activist and her famous refusal to give up her seat on a bus.
Location: City Heights/Weingart 3795 Fairmount Ave, San Diego CA 92105 Google Maps
Mon: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm / Tue - Wed: 12:30 pm - 8:00 pm / Thu - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm / Sat: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm