'Landscapes Rediscovered: Depression-era San Diego Paintings'
- When Ongoing until Monday, December 31, 2012
- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Where San Diego History Center, San Diego - View Map
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Painting, Community, Exhibits, KPBS Arts Briefs, KPBS Museums Briefs, Museums
- Cost $3 - $6
Above: Promotional graphic for San Diego History Center's Exhibition "Landscapes Rediscovered: Depression-era San Diego Paintings."
"Landscapes Rediscovered" features rarely seen Depression-era landscape paintings from acclaimed San Diego artists Charles Reiffel, Maurice Braun, and others that feature familiar locations throughout San Diego County like Point Loma, Mt. Cuyamaca, and Mission Hills.
Some of these historically significant works were commissioned by the federal government through the Works Progress Administration to beautify public spaces but have not been seen by the public in decades until now!
This exhibition will be on display September 7 – December 30, 2012.
For more information visit sandiegohistory.org/ or call 619-232-6203.