'Make Your Own Kind Of Music: The Art Of Musical Instruments' At Mingei International Museum
- When Ongoing until Sunday, July 28, 2013
- Sunday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where Mingei International Museum: Balboa Park, San Diego
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Performance, Arts, Exhibits, Family, KPBS Museums Briefs, Lectures, Museums , Music (other), Acoustic
- Cost $5 - $8
Above: Promotional image of string instrument from Egypt. Image provided by Mingei International Museum.
This exhibition draws the eye to the art of music making, exploring the beautiful forms and design details of both traditional and modern musical instruments. Objects on display will include bells, gongs, rattles, whistles and noisemakers from cultures across the world, as well as an Italian mandolin, a theremin, and an original instrument built by the visionary self-taught California-born composer Harry Partch. The exhibit will be open beginning November 17, 2012 through July 28, 2013.
Ticket Prices: $8 admission for adults, $5 for seniors
Location: Mingei International Museum, 1439 El Prado, San Diego, CA Google Maps
For more information contact Jessica Hanson York at 619.704.7510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org