San Diego Art Institute Presents Dani Dodge
- When Ongoing until Sunday, January 20, 2013
- Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Where San Diego Art Institute, San Diego - View Map
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Photography, Sculpture, Arts, Community, Exhibits, Heritage & Cultural, KPBS Arts Briefs, KPBS Visual Arts Briefs
- Cost Free - $3
Above: Promotional image of Dani Dodge's artwork.
Dani Dodge was inspired to paint by her experiences as a war correspondent in Iraq. Her work chronicles the struggles of everyday people through a lens tinted by life-and-death epics. Juried and awarded artwork from “Outstanding Visual Artists” of the region.
She worked as a journalist for many years and felt that she had fulfilled her need to tell stories with words. Over time it became clear to her that words were not enough, she needed something more expressive and powerful. She discovered painting.
Layering ink, collage and paint, she tells raw tales of loneliness, joy, pain and triumph. Her unique style has won many awards and been included in national and international juried shows. Dani lives in San Diego, Calif.
The exhibit runs from December 14, 2012 – January 20, 2013.
For more information contact Marc Pickett at 619-236-0011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org