La Jolla Playhouse Presents 'His Girl Friday'
- When Ongoing until Sunday, June 30, 2013
- Sunday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Where La Jolla Playhouse, La Jolla
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Performance, Arts, Theater
- Cost $15 - $52
Above: Promotional image of "His Girl Friday" playing at La Jolla Playhouse May 28 - June 30. Courtesy image of La Jolla Playhouse.
A major story is brewing in a 1939 Chicago press room when ace reporter Hildy Johnson stops by for one last visit before leaving the newspaper game for good. But when her former editor and ex-husband entices her with the promise of the scoop that could break the story, the lure of fame and rekindled romance prove more than she can resist.
Renowned playwright John Guare (Six Degrees of Separation) and Playhouse Artistic Director Christopher Ashley (Memphis) team up to deliver a fast-talking comedy that exposes the unsavory politics of tabloid journalism.