Barona Cultural Center & Museum Presents 'Sports The Competitive Spirit' Exhibition
- When Ongoing until Saturday, November 30, 2013
- Tuesday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Friday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Where Barona Cultural Center & Museum, Lakeside - View Map
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Community, Exhibits, Heritage & Cultural, KPBS Arts Briefs, KPBS Museums Briefs, Museums , Sports
- Cost Free
Above: Graphical logo for Barona Cultural Center & Museum.
The Barona Cultural Center & Museum celebrates the history of sports on the Barona Indian Reservation with a new exhibition, "Sports the Competitive Spirit."
Learn the stories of generations of Native Americans who have played and excelled at sports and explore a retrospective from the 1940s to 2013 which reveals the Tribe’s deep devotion to sports.
Exhibition highlights include famous athletes from the past and present including Jim Thorpe, Billy Mills and Notah Begay whose President’s Cup ring is on display. A special section is dedicated to the Barona people including Matt LaChappa, a San Diego Padres second round draft pick in 1993, and Pat Curo who went toe-to-toe with Bill Walton in high school.
The exhibition opens on October 1, 2013.
Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 12pm to 5pm; Saturday: 10am to 4pm; Sundays and Mondays: CLOSED
For more information, call 619-443-7003 Ext. 219 or visit www.baronamuseum.org