Art Exhibition: 'Code-O-Chromes' By David Fobes
- When Friday, May 13, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
Ongoing until Saturday, June 18, 2011
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Where Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, La Jolla
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits
- Cost Free
Featuring a new series of works that explores themes of code, space, geometry, and color. Fobes has developed a technique using the unlikely medium of duct tape, a material he manipulates to create fascinating illusions of color and three-dimensional space. David Fobes is a professor of art at SDSU and his work has been included in many local, national and international exhibitions.
Admission to the opening reception and exhibition are free. The gallery is open to the public for viewing during library hours-- Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The library is closed on Sunday and Monday.
More information is at www.ljathenaeum.org/exhibitions or by calling the Athenaeum at (858) 454-5872.