THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
'access/ABILITY' Exhibit At San Diego Museum Of Man
- When Ongoing until Sunday, June 30, 2013
- Sunday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where Museum of Man, San Diego
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Exhibits, Family, Lectures & Classes, Museums
- Cost $5 - $12.50
Above: Graphic logo of San Diego Museum of Man's "access/ABILITY" exhibit. Courtesy image of San Diego Museum of Man.
Explore the Ability in Disability! Join us for this family-friendly adventure, and learn about how people with disabilities navigate the world!
This award-winning exhibit created by Boston Children’s Museum features hands-on activities and real, personal stories that inspire visitors of all ages. Learn phrases in American Sign Language, type your name in Braille, try a hand-pedaled bike and take part in a multi-sensory City Walk! Powerful and highly interactive, "access/ABILITY" teaches respect, understanding, and that people living with disabilities lead active, fulfilling, and meaningful lives.
There are six different exhibit areas:
- Going Places, where you’ll get to try out a wheelchair obstacle course and a Multisensory City Walk.
- Talk With Me, where you can learn phrases in American Sign Language, type your name in Braille, and communicate using pictures.
- Just For Fun!, where you can try a hand-pedaled bike and create art that you can experience through sight, touch, and sounds.
- Think About It, where you can test your attention and memory skills and find out what kind of smart you are.
- Invent It, where you can experience a design challenge, see how there is more than one way to do something, and learn how things can be designed to work for the greatest number of people.
- Resource Area, where you can learn more through books and on-line resources.
Exhibit runs from October 13, 2012 - June 30, 2013.