THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
'Dino Jaws' Exhibit At The NAT
- When Ongoing until Thursday, September 12, 2013
- Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where San Diego Natural History Museum, 1788 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Animals, Exhibits, Family, Museums
- Cost Free - $17
Above: Image of a T. rex head from the "Dino Jaws" exhibit at the San Diego Natural History Museum. Courtesy of the San Diego Natural History Museum
What did dinosaurs eat—and how do we know? Featuring the most lifelike moving dinosaurs ever created (that one Hollywood movie notwithstanding), family-friendly "Dino Jaws" explores the sometimes gross and always fascinating subject of dinosaurs and their food.
From the infamous flesh-eating T. rex to the plant-munching Iguanodon, what do YOU know about dinosaurs and their food? Sometimes shocking (don’t say we didn’t warn you!), "Dino Jaws" will combine fun hands-on—with no danger of being bitten!—exhibits with scientific insights. Our lifelike spectacular animatronics will show you what paleontologists know about what that dino had for dinner!
Experience intriguing fossil evidence, fun hands-on exhibits, scientific insights, and gigantic animatronic dinosaurs. In "Dino Jaws," discover the fascinating facts scientists know about what, and how, dinosaurs ate.
- From slow-moving plant-eaters to fierce, agile flesh-eaters, learn about the variety of feeding strategies used by dinosaurs.
- See how diverse plant-eating dinosaurs were, from the big, bulky Iguanadon to the spiky-armored Euoplocephalus.
- Come face-to-face with the remarkable Baryonyx as it tries to scoop a fish from the water.
- Touch real fossilized dinosaur poop.
- Be a dino-detective—use your special barcoded ticket to gather clues and identify “your” dinosaur, and find out at the end of the exhibition if you were right!
The "Dino Jaws" exhibit will be on display from April 12th to September 12th, 2013.
Museum Hours: Daily from 10am-5pm
Location: San Diego Natural History Museum, 1788 El Prado San Diego, CA 92101 Google Map
For more information contact Hallie Johnson at 619.255.0189 or email