THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
'Domestic Disobedience: Redefining The Feminine Space'
- When Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 5 p.m.
Ongoing until Thursday, April 19, 2012
- Monday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Where San Diego Mesa College: Art Gallery, 7250 Mesa College Drive, San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits, Lectures & Classes, Painting, Photography, Visual Arts
- Cost Free
Above: Juana Alicia, Domestic Disturbance, 2012, acrylic on canvas, 48" x 30"
This multi-disciplinary exhibit brings together visual artists that forge a new space of Latina domestic defiance.
Spanning from the emergence of the Chicano Movement to the present moment the artists in this exhibit employ a diffuse arsenal to resist patriarchal imposed stereotypes and shape a contemporary female consciousness: Juana Alicia, Claudia Alvarez, Carolyn Castaño, Ana Teresa Fernández, Ester Hernandez, Amalia Mesa-Bains, Delilah Montoya, Angelica Muro, Viviana Paredes, Isis Rodriguez and Sonia Romero. Nuvia Crisol Guerra is our guest curator.
Artist discussion and reception on March 15th at 7:00 pm in G101. Exhibit runs through April 19, 2012.