THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
Dorcas Utter Memorial Butterfly Pavilion
- When Ongoing until Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- Sunday 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Monday 9:30 a.m. - noon
- Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - noon
- Thursday 9:30 a.m. - noon
- Friday 9:30 a.m. - noon
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College, 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West, El Cajon, CA Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Animals, Exhibits, Family, Gardening, KPBS Arts Briefs
- Cost Free - $5
Above: Promotional photo of the Dorcas Utter Memorial Butterfly Pavilion at the Water Conservation Garden. Courtesy of the Water Conservation Garden.
The Butterfly Pavilion is an experiential exhibit that allows visitors to get close to several species of butterflies that are native to the San Diego region. Through this exhibit, visitors will learn about the importance of butterflies in the ecosystem, and about the water-saving nectar and host plants that the butterflies thrive on. The exhibit encourages visitors to create their own water-saving butterfly habitat in their home gardens as a way of helping to sustain local butterfly populations.
Weekdays: 9am-12noon, hourly (on the hour)
Weekends: 9am-3pm throughout the day
Cost: Admission is by suggested donation.
$5 (12+ years); $3 (5-11 years)
Garden Members and children under 5 years FREE
Mission of the Pavilion
To provide butterfly and habitat encounters that allow visitors to learn about the importance of butterflies in the ecosystem, their lifecycle, and how humans can help sustain their populations using water-saving plants.