THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
Museum Of Photographic Arts Presents Ruud van Empel's Strange Beauty
- When Ongoing until Sunday, February 3, 2013
- Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where Museum of Photographic Arts , 1649 El Prado, San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit Not available
- Categories Arts, KPBS Museums Briefs, KPBS Visual Arts Briefs, Museums, Painting
- Cost $4 - $6
Above: Graphical logo of Museum of Photographic Art (MOPA).
Explore the extraordinary world of Dutch artist Ruud van Empel as MOPA celebrates his singular artistic vision. The exhibition features over 40 of van Empel’s vibrant photomontages, revealing the exquisite details of his fabricated realities.
Van Empel constructs his works through staged photography, digital enhancement and collage. His modern technique and composition is a product of an artistic journey, which spanned graphic design, theater and television. Hence, each image holds a distinctly theatrical air.
Ticket Prices: $6 - $4; Free to MOPA Members, active duty military and their familes, as well as children 12 and under.
Dates: October 12, 2012 – February 3, 2012
For more information contact Kristine Page at 619.238.7559 X203 or email page@MOPA.org