THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
The Old Globe Presents 'The Tag Project'
- When Ongoing until Sunday, October 28, 2012
- Sunday 1:15 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday 6:15 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 6:15 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday 6:15 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday 7:15 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday 7:15 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday 1:15 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Saturday 7:15 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Where Old Globe Theatre, 1363 Old Globe Way , San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits, Heritage & Cultural, Museums, Theater
- Cost Not available
Above: Wendy Maruyama's art installation "The Tag Project" on display in the University Art Gallery at San Diego State University. "The Tag Project" will be displayed at The Old Globe in conjunction with the World Premiere production of "Allegiance - A New American Musical," Sept. 7 - Oct. 28, 2012. Photo by Kevin J. Miyazaki.
“The Tag Project” memorializes the nearly 120,000 Japanese Americans who were imprisoned in U.S. internment camps during World War II. The project consists of 10 groupings of replicas of the historic identification labels issued to every internee, including their name, number and the camp to which they were relocated.
Three of the groupings will be hung in the upper lobby of the Old Globe Theatre, part of the Globe’s Conrad Prebys Theatre Center, during the run of "Allegiance."
Admittance to the exhibit is included in the ticket price to "Allegiance" and is available for viewing 45 minutes prior to showtime.
For more information, visit www.TheOldGlobe.org