THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
Timken Museum Of Art Presents 'Object Lessons: Gainsborough, Corot, And The Landscape Of Nostalgia'
- When Ongoing until Wednesday, November 6, 2013
- Sunday noon - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where Timken Museum of Art, 1500 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits, Family, KPBS Museums Briefs, KPBS Visual Arts Briefs, Museums, Painting
- Cost Free
Above: Graphic logo for Timken Museum of Art.
The Timken Museum of Art, known for giving visitors a uniquely intimate experience of art in one of the most internationally significant small museums in the world, will celebrate "Object Lessons: Gains borough, Corot, and the Landscape of Nostalgia" showcasing Thomas Gainsborough’s “A Peasant Smoking at a Cottage Door” on loan from the Hammer Museum at UCLA from October 4, 2013 through April 6, 2014.
The exhibition of this masterpiece at the Timken represents a major partnership with UCLA to allow the public to see a painting that usually remains in storage.
Location: Timken Museum of Art, 1500 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 Google Maps