THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED!
Visions Art Museum Presents 'Coast To Coast, Intersections & Jazz'
- When Ongoing until Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- Sunday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where Visions Art Museum, 2825 Dewey Road, Suite 100 , San Diego Map | Website
- Age limit All ages
- Categories Arts, Exhibits, KPBS Museums Briefs, KPBS Visual Arts Briefs
- Cost $5
Above: Promotional artwork of "Saxy Music" by Jan Hayman featured at "Coast To Coast, Intersections, & Jazz". Courtesy image of Visions Art Museum.
One of three exhibitions on view, "Coast to Coast" features the work of California Fibers from southern California and New Image Artists from Washington D.C. Also on view are Jazz themed textile art by San Diego artists.
"Intersections: New Work of Barbara Lee Smith" is a solo exhibition of seven acrylic paintings layered, fused and stitched with hundreds of small pieces of painted synthetic fabric.
"Jazz Quilts" is a collection of small quilts each 14 inches square by 26 members of Canyon Quilters of San Diego who have interpreted the theme. The artists will be talking about their inspirations at the opening reception.
The exhibit will be on display February 7-April 9th, 2014.