AFL-CIO wants to help immigrant day laborers
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Host Tom Fudge speaks with representatives of the AFL-CIO and the National Day Laborer Organizing Network (NDLON) about the agreement they reached to promote and advance the workplace rights of day laborers. And a professor from the UCLA Downtown Labor Center talks about why this agreement is significant.
- Ana Avendano , associate general counsel and director of the Immigrant Worker Program for the AFL-CIO .
- Pablo Alvarado , executive director of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network .
- Victor Narro , project director of the UCLA Downtown Labor Center , and an advisory member of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network.
- AFL-CIO to Back Day Laborers , LA Times
- On The Corner: Day Labor in the United States , Center for the Study of Urban Poverty
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.
Please stay on topic and be as concise as possible. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Community Discussion Rules. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.