Critics Review the Best Music of 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Tom Fudge: It’s the week before Christmas and let’s face it. Is there any subject more important for most people, right now, than coming up with ideas for gifts? Probably not. Music is always a favorite gift. And the good thing about the conversation we’re about to have is it will also let us look back on some of the best music of 2006.
- AnnaMaria Stephens, freelance writer covering music and entertainment.
- Anders Wright, film and pop culture critic for San Diego City Beat.
Best of Christmas Albums
- Aimee Mann, One More Drifter in the Snow
- Sarah McLachlan, Wintersong
- Sufjan Stevens, Songs for Christmas
- The Decemberists, The Crane’s Wife
- Tom Waits, Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards
- Ali Farka Toure, Savane
- Cut Chemist, The Audience is Listening
- Johnny Cash Gift Package
- The Clash, The Singles
- Brats on the Beat