Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tom Fudge: Today we’ll have our usual in-depth conversations about some films. But we’re going to cover a little extra ground today. We’ll touch on some additional movies you might want to see or avoid as the holidays give you some extra free time.
- Apocalypto , currently playing in area theaters.
- The Good German , opening this Friday at Landmark’s Hillcrest theater.
- Notes on a Scandal, opening at Hillcrest’s Landmark Theaters on January 5 th .
- The Painted Veil , opening on December 29 th at Landmark’s La Jolla Village theaters.
- Curse of the Golden Flower , opening this Friday at Landmark La Jolla Village theaters.
- Dreamgirls , opening everywhere on Christmas day.
The Good Shepherd,
opening this Friday.
- Perfume: the Story of a Murderer , opening in area theaters on January 5 th .
Letters from Iwo Jima
, opening on January 12
in area theaters.
- Beth Accomando , KPBS film critic.
- Scott Marks , film critic for the Gay and Lesbian Times.