San Diegans Reflect on the Inauguration, Hour 1
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Above, reactions to Obama's inauguration from students and faculty from San Diego State University.
Maureen Cavanaugh : After NPR's comprehensive coverage of the inauguration of President Barack Obama, what's left to say? A lot, right here at home in San Diego.
For the next two hours ( listen to hour 2 ), we will hear from local residents who were at this morning's inauguration ceremony in DC, as well as San Diego lawmakers and educators weighing in on today's historic events. And most importantly, we will be taking your calls, we want to hear your thoughts about the significance of Barack Obama's inauguration and how you think his Presidency may change America
- Gloria Penner , KPBS Political Correspondent and host of Editors Roundtable on KPBS.
- Phillip Gay , professor emeritus from the sociology department at SDSU.
- Kenny Goldberg , KPBS health reporter who is vacationing in Washington D.C.
- Brian Johnson , resident of South Park who's retired from a long career in the Navy.
- Sammy Brooks , resident of Chula Vista and who works for Scripps Memorial Hospital in environmental services.