Tuesday, April 12, 2011
The state Department of Education designated 10 San Diego County middle and high schools as "distinguished schools" today.
"These schools are being recognized for attaining high levels of performance and sustained growth, and for making significant progress in closing the academic achievement gap," said Tom Torlakson, the state's head of public instruction.
The schools are:
- Coronado High School,
- River Valley Charter School in Lakeside,
- Oak Valley Middle School in 4S Ranch,
- Albert Einstein Academy Middle School,
- The Preuss School at UC San Diego,
- San Diego International High School,
- Diegueno Middle School in Encinitas,
- San Dieguito High Academy in Encinitas,
- Rancho del Rey Middle School in Chula Vista, and
- Valley Center Middle School.
The 10 were among 97 schools named statewide.