Celebrating The Music Of Johnny Cash: We Walk The Line!
Airs Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 2:30 p.m. on KPBS TV
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Credit: Courtesy of Adam Farber
Grammy-winning producer Was (Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt) served as musical director for this monumental concert taping that features some of the biggest artists in the music industry, including Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Sheryl Crow, Pat Monahan of Train, Ronnie Dunn, Lucinda Williams, Jamey Johnson, Shooter Jennings and Shelby Lynne, among others.
No one represents American music more than Johnny Cash. Songs like “Walk the Line,” “Folsom Prison Blues” and “Long Black Veil” gave a voice to those who were never sung about. Nearly 60 years after his booming first notes hit the airwaves and almost 10 years since his passing, Johnny Cash is being honored and celebrated as never before. The concert taping took place on April 20, 2012, before a sold-out crowd at The Moody Theatre/ACL Live in Austin, Texas.
The program begins with some of Cash’s biggest hits performed by contemporary music stars, moves on to feature once-in-a-lifetime performances and duets from music legends, then wraps with monumental collaborations among all performers.
"Celebrating The Music Of Johnny Cash: We Walk The Line!" features these performances:
• “Folsom Prison Blues” – Brandi Carlisle
• “Hey Porter” – Buddy Miller
• “I’m So Lonesome” – Amy Lee
• “Help Me Make It Through the Night” – Pat Monahan
• “Jackson” – Carolina Chocolate Drops
• “Ring of Fire” – Ronnie Dunn
• “Long Black Veil” – Sam Beam
• “Hurt” – Lucinda Williams
• “Cocaine Blues” – Shooter Jennings (and Amy Nelson)
• “Big River” – Kris Kristofferson
• “Cry Cry Cry” – Sheryl Crow
• “If I Were a Carpenter” – Willie Nelson and Sheryl Crow
• “Walk the Line” – All Artists
This program is part of the KPBS Membership Campaign. Support the quality programs you depend on from KPBS. Join or renew today!
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.