What's On Now
PBS Parents Activity Search
- Aug. 6, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
- /news/2015/aug/06/camp-brings-foster-siblings-together/#comments 0 Comments
Camp Connect allows children in foster care to spend time with their siblings, as a way to improve the outcome of their time in the system.
- June 29, 2015, updated June 29, 2015
- /news/2015/jun/29/transgender-teen-san-diego-opens-about-struggle-ge/#comments 0 Comments
As part of a series of interviews on KPBS Midday Edition about gender identity issues, 14-year old Sam Moehlig of Rancho Bernardo talks about what it's like to grow up transgender in San Diego.
- June 22, 2015, updated June 22, 2015
- /news/2015/jun/22/clinic-helps-san-diego-trans-youth/#comments 0 Comments
Rady Children's Gender Management Clinic opened in 2012. Since then, doctors have seen 80 children with gender identity issues.
- May 26, 2015
- /news/2015/may/26/nonprofit-helps-murrieta-veteran-grow-farm-busines/#comments 0 Comments
There's a good chance some of the chicken wings and drumsticks on Southern California barbecues on Memorial Day came from Primal Pastures in Murrieta. The meat farm is growing thanks to a nonprofit called the Farmer Veteran Coalition.
- May 4, 2015, updated May 4, 2015
- /news/2015/may/04/former-foster-child-becomes-advocate-change/#comments 0 Comments
As May marks National Foster Care Awareness month, former foster youth and author of memoir "Foster Girl" examines reforms in California's foster care system.
- April 28, 2015, updated April 28, 2015
- /news/2015/apr/28/supreme-court-hears-historic-same-sex-marriage-arg/#comments 0 Comments
Same-sex couples now can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia, and the court is weighing whether gay and lesbian unions should be allowed in all 50 states.
Point Loma's Elaine Zimmer Davis lost her Marine pilot husband in 1969 when his plane was shot down over Vietnam. Capt. Jerry Zimmer is one of 1,600 U.S. service members who is still listed as missing in action from the Vietnam War.
California was the first state in the nation to offer paid family leave in 2002. A measure that would expand the program will get its first hearing in the state Assembly next month.
- Feb. 13, 2015
- /news/2015/feb/13/san-diego-county-clerks-office-conduct-187-wedding/#comments 0 Comments
The County Clerk's office will be open with special hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday to conduct wedding ceremonies.
- Feb. 13, 2015
- /news/2015/feb/13/daniel-tigers-neighborhood-its-love-day-daniels-lo/#comments 0 Comments
It's Love Day in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Daniel and all of his friends come up with their own special ways to show their love and care for one another. The kids dance, sing, and tell jokes to say "I love you." t's Love Day and Grandpere is coming to visit! How can Daniel find a way to show how much he loves Grandpere? With a treasure hunt, that's how! Daniel hides little hearts all over the house for Grandpere to find... that is, unless little Margaret finds them first! Strategy: Find your own way to say "I love you."
‹ Newer Stories Older Stories ›