What's On Now
PBS Parents Activity Search
Nick Kimmel planned to use his ATV at the new home he received through a veterans group.
Do state policies get a high mark or a low grade when it comes to kids? Midday Edition learns more about the data behind a new report card and what it means for the future of California's kids.
Members of the military are getting a slight bump in their basic housing allowance this year, but it won't cover the overall cost.
- Oct. 6, 2015, updated October 7, 2015
- /news/2015/oct/06/how-anxiety-affects-children/#comments 0 Comments
The Anxiety and Depressions Association of America says anxiety disorders now affect about one in eight children. And new research shows it may be prevented in kids who are at higher risk.
- Sept. 29, 2015, updated September 29, 2015
- /news/2015/sep/29/educating-san-diegos-lgbt-community-about-social-s/#comments 0 Comments
Town hall-style meetings are being held in San Diego on Wednesday to educate the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community about their rights to benefits from Social Security.
For the first time, the U.S. Navy is swapping three aircraft carriers while letting the crews keep their home ports.
- Aug. 6, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
- /news/2015/aug/06/camp-brings-foster-siblings-together/#comments 0 Comments
Camp Connect allows children in foster care to spend time with their siblings, as a way to improve the outcome of their time in the system.
- June 29, 2015, updated June 29, 2015
- /news/2015/jun/29/transgender-teen-san-diego-opens-about-struggle-ge/#comments 0 Comments
As part of a series of interviews on KPBS Midday Edition about gender identity issues, 14-year old Sam Moehlig of Rancho Bernardo talks about what it's like to grow up transgender in San Diego.
- June 22, 2015, updated June 22, 2015
- /news/2015/jun/22/clinic-helps-san-diego-trans-youth/#comments 0 Comments
Rady Children's Gender Management Clinic opened in 2012. Since then, doctors have seen 80 children with gender identity issues.
- May 26, 2015
- /news/2015/may/26/nonprofit-helps-murrieta-veteran-grow-farm-busines/#comments 0 Comments
There's a good chance some of the chicken wings and drumsticks on Southern California barbecues on Memorial Day came from Primal Pastures in Murrieta. The meat farm is growing thanks to a nonprofit called the Farmer Veteran Coalition.
‹ Newer Stories Older Stories ›