What's On Now
PBS Parents Activity Search
- April 25, 2016
- /news/2016/apr/25/major-league-baseball-announces-all-star-legacy-pr/#comments 0 Comments
This year MLB charities and the San Diego Padres will donate nearly $5 million to local projects and charities under the All-Star Legacy Initiative.
The stories of teenagers feeling trapped inside bodies that are not theirs often have unhappy endings. But the case of San Diego's Sam Moehlig is different.
- April 6, 2016
- /news/2016/apr/06/san-diego-author-discusses-ways-combat-nature-defi/#comments 0 Comments
Richard Louv, whose New York Times best-seller introduced the concept of nature deficit, is out with a new book with tips to reverse that deficit.
- Feb. 18, 2016, updated February 18, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/18/san-diego-mom-writes-book-raising-transgender-chil/#comments 0 Comments
In the book "Raising Ryland," Hillary Whittington opens up about the emotional decision to transition her child Ryland from girl to boy.
- Feb. 12, 2016, updated February 12, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/12/4500-marines-sailors-deploy-boxer-group-san-diego/#comments 0 Comments
The Marines and sailors will work together on various missions during the seven-month deployment to the Middle East and Asia Pacific region, including disaster relief and embassy and security evacuations.
- Feb. 8, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/08/marines-sailors-adjust-new-maternity-leave-policy/#comments 0 Comments
The change is a step back for women in the Navy and Marines but is an improvement for new mothers in the Air Force and Army.
Nick Kimmel planned to use his ATV at the new home he received through a veterans group.
Do state policies get a high mark or a low grade when it comes to kids? Midday Edition learns more about the data behind a new report card and what it means for the future of California's kids.
Members of the military are getting a slight bump in their basic housing allowance this year, but it won't cover the overall cost.
- Oct. 6, 2015, updated October 7, 2015
- /news/2015/oct/06/how-anxiety-affects-children/#comments 0 Comments
The Anxiety and Depressions Association of America says anxiety disorders now affect about one in eight children. And new research shows it may be prevented in kids who are at higher risk.
‹ Newer Stories Older Stories ›