What's On Now
PBS Parents Activity Search
Thanks to a Department of Defense grant, 30 aging portable classrooms at Hancock and Miller elementary schools will be replaced. The project will also fund better air conditioning, new sidewalks and other improvements.
- May 30, 2016
- /news/2016/may/30/hundreds-gather-coronado-memorial-day-remembrance/#comments 0 Comments
People of all ages gathered at Star Park in Coronado Monday for a solemn remembrance of those who died while serving their country.
Instead of calling a hotline, more teens are contacting the National Runaway Safeline through email, chat and other online tools.
Camp Pendleton hosted a reunion over the weekend for the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, which suffered more casualties during the war in Afghanistan than any other Marine unit.
- April 25, 2016
- /news/2016/apr/25/major-league-baseball-announces-all-star-legacy-pr/#comments 0 Comments
This year MLB charities and the San Diego Padres will donate nearly $5 million to local projects and charities under the All-Star Legacy Initiative.
The stories of teenagers feeling trapped inside bodies that are not theirs often have unhappy endings. But the case of San Diego's Sam Moehlig is different.
- April 6, 2016
- /news/2016/apr/06/san-diego-author-discusses-ways-combat-nature-defi/#comments 0 Comments
Richard Louv, whose New York Times best-seller introduced the concept of nature deficit, is out with a new book with tips to reverse that deficit.
- Feb. 18, 2016, updated February 18, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/18/san-diego-mom-writes-book-raising-transgender-chil/#comments 0 Comments
In the book "Raising Ryland," Hillary Whittington opens up about the emotional decision to transition her child Ryland from girl to boy.
- Feb. 12, 2016, updated February 12, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/12/4500-marines-sailors-deploy-boxer-group-san-diego/#comments 0 Comments
The Marines and sailors will work together on various missions during the seven-month deployment to the Middle East and Asia Pacific region, including disaster relief and embassy and security evacuations.
- Feb. 8, 2016
- /news/2016/feb/08/marines-sailors-adjust-new-maternity-leave-policy/#comments 0 Comments
The change is a step back for women in the Navy and Marines but is an improvement for new mothers in the Air Force and Army.
‹ Newer Stories Older Stories ›