What's On Now
PBS Parents Activity Search
- Nov. 27, 2014
- /news/2014/nov/27/san-diego-uss-peleliu-thanksgiving-japan-sasebo/#comments 0 Comments
Sailors aboard the San Diego-based USS Peleliu get the rare treat of spending Thanksgiving with loved ones - in Sasebo, Japan. The Peleliu departed San Diego three months ago for a deployment to the Western Pacific.
- Nov. 18, 2014
- /news/2014/nov/18/free-phone-cards-navy-marines-deployed-holidays/#comments 0 Comments
Continuing an annual holiday tradition, the Navy Exchange Service Command will provide Sailors and Marines deployed overseas during the holiday season $10 phone cards.
- Nov. 12, 2014
- /news/2014/nov/12/camp-pendleton-marine-2000-phone-bill-att-video/#comments 0 Comments
Camp Pendleton-based Marine Lance Cpl. Jordan Johnstone wasn't even halfway through his deployment at sea aboard the USS America when he was hit with a $2000 phone bill.
In honor of Veterans Day, restaurant chains and retailers are offering all sorts of discounts and free meals on Nov. 11 for active-duty military, veterans, and reservists.
- Nov. 5, 2014
- /news/2014/nov/05/surgeries-suspended-military-dogs-cats-veterinary/#comments 0 Comments
The cherished dogs and cats of military families are no longer able to get surgical procedures at military veterinary facilities, as these clinics have cut back on services to save money.
- Oct. 30, 2014
- /news/2014/oct/30/childhood-wellbeing-across-california-and-san-dieg/#comments 0 Comments
Children Now, a nonpartisan, nonprofit group, examined the educational and economic welfare of children in every county in the state of California.
- Oct. 29, 2014
- /news/2014/oct/29/free-classes-older-learners-san-diego-oasis-tease/#comments 0 Comments
San Diego OASIS is a nonprofit organization focused on people 50 and older, offering a broad range of free classes and opportunities to learn and stay productive.
- Oct. 13, 2014
- /news/2014/oct/13/some-military-families-uneasy-ebola-deployments/#comments 0 Comments
It's all about the fear of the unknown. With the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, military families had some idea of the enemy their service members would face. But some soldiers' families have expressed uneasiness as their loved ones prepare to deploy to Liberia - ground zero for the Ebola epidemic.
- Oct. 7, 2014
- /news/2014/oct/07/conference-help-veterans-transition-civilian-life/#comments 0 Comments
Veterans from across the country got an all-expenses paid trip to San Diego as part of a conference designed to provide hope and healing during the transition to civilian life.
- Sept. 29, 2014
- /news/2014/sep/29/capped-credit-card-interest-rates-military-familie/#comments 0 Comments
A move by the Pentagon to update the Military Lending Act of 2006 could result in service members and their families getting interest rates capped on everything from credit cards to vehicle title loans.
‹ Newer Stories Older Stories ›